How we can help
Our Concrete Washout system is a compact, self-contained unit and can be easily relocated as work on site progresses. The process is as follows:
- Concrete skips, trucks and pumps are washed out into a tray that captures and contains the water.
- Filtration bags in the tray filter out the large particles. The filtration bags can be lifted from the tray and disposed of.
- Smaller sediment particles settle and the water flows over a weir into the next section.
- The visibly clean, but alkaline water filters into the final section of the tray where it is pumped into a storage tank.
- The pump in the water tank pumps the water into an empty delivery truck after a completed pour, which returns to the production facility.
The water can also be reused for wet-curing of concrete structures or washing out concrete skips, trucks and pump lines.
Recycling the water in this way provides contractors with a strategy for dealing with a waste product that would otherwise require a specialist approach while also reducing the impact of concrete on the environment. A robust waste management plan should always address this issue for sites where concrete is being poured.
To find out more about our Concrete Washout System click here