PRE-CONSTRUCTION & ENGINEERING DESIGN
Collaborative innovation through early contractor engagement
We believe that early design and planning, as well as best practice collaboration and implementation, lead to a more sustainable building process, buildability and a better infrastructure project. We offer a range of services to help teams to win projects with buildability in mind.
Pre-Construction & Bidding Support
- Conquip’s engineering hub is based in the centre of London, with a team of qualified Civil, Structural and Mechanical Engineers.
- Working with bidding and pre-construction teams to develop ideas and innovations.
- Reviewing basement excavation and RC frame construction methodologies. Clash detection and resolution.
- Site planning, logistics and waste management.
- Developing project sequencing for project delivery. Providing 3D and 4D phasing models to match your programme.
Temporary Works Design
- In-house qualified civil and structural design engineers.
- Scheme design and CAT 3 checking in the following areas:
- Temporary excavation propping using Conquip’s modular propping system, from shallow to deep basements.
- Excavation monitoring, prop loading, wall deflections.
- Piled wall & geotechnical design services. 2D and 3D analysis.
- Steel gantries, steel frames (top-down construction and logistic decks).
- Steel design, detailing and fabrication services.
- Bespoke part design. If your project requires a part that doesn’t exist, we’ll design, fabricate and deliver it to you.
- Trench shoring, utilities and drainage excavation support.
- Cantideck temporary loading platforms.
- Tower crane foundations and crane load reviews.
- Working platforms, crane mats.
- Site logistics and swept path analysis.
- Engineers and design managers are available to discuss by phone, email and by attending site. We offer:
- Supervision. Full support during installation, so we are on-hand to guide site teams or address any issues that may arise. We can also provide training and familiarisation with our equipment, on site or at our yards.
- Installation. Our teams will carry out the full temporary works installation, collaborating with the site management teams and looking after all aspects from delivery of equipment to site through to system sign off.
- Inspection. A full service during all stages of the install, use and removal phases, giving our clients assurance that the temporary works design has been followed and the equipment continues to operate optimally.
Mechanical Engineering - Concept to ProductionIn-house qualified mechanical design engineers combine with our cutting-edge in house fabrication facilities and manufacturing expertise, to provide end-to-end solutions based on a programme of client-led, practical innovation, research and development. We offer:
Engineering Design & Drafting
Our team works hand-in hand with its customers to collate feasibility/conceptual studies and can produce mechanical, electromechanical and hydromechanical solutions, from designs to full production packs.
Analysis & VerificationWith the ultimate goal of maximising system performance and product lifespan while mitigating cost risks, our team uses their site-proven analytical methodologies to run structural, dynamics, durability and fatigue analysis for our customers.
Inspection & TestingApplication of proof loads, cycle and functions tests, strain and deflection measurements are completed by competent engineers and LOLER/PUWER technicians to ensure safety and regulation compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Delivery: We are FORS Gold and CLOCS Champion accredited. Our ability to provide in-house transportation from five depots to sites across the UK ensures we provide reliable, on-time deliveries.
How We Support Your Project Lifecycle
Temporary Works Case Studies
Elephant & Castle
A landmark project in the heart of the Elephant & Castle redevelopment masterplan, is a complex construction and a testament to collaborative, sustainable engineering.
Camden Goods Yard
The Camden Goods Yard project re-engineered temporary propping scheme removes complexity and increases project efficiency.
At Marylebone Square our value engineered temporary works design featured bespoke tower crane grillages.
Mastering complex temporary works and sequencing design for this high profile infrastructure project.